General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

Re: Creating An Effective Lead Capture Page

by myfunbiz » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:35 pm

It is perfectly acceptable to offer free info to build a list for whatever reason... to get sales, sponsor people into a program,
or develop affiliates.

I think "affiliates" are to do with internet marketing rather than network marketing?

Nobody is suggesting that it's unacceptable, Gabrielle.

I'm simply commenting that if I want to get sales I'd rather speak to people who already want to buy what I'm selling; and if I'm looking for distributors I'd rather speak to people looking for a home-based business opportunity, as there are so many of them anyway, rather than have to "build a list" with a view to eventually offering people something other than what they expressed interest in, with a hope that by "relationship-building" they will have come to know and trust me enough for some of them to be willing to look at it anyway. There's really nothing more complicated about it than that!

If I have a business opportunity to offer people, I want to spend my time talking to people who are looking for a business opportunity, for Heaven's sake. Why is this a position I continually need to "defend" when it's so obvious?!?! [:-?]

Yes, affiliates is usually used with internet marketing.
Similar to sponsoring in mlm except it's only one or two
generations that you get commissions on.

I understand how you only want to speak with those who
are interested in what you are offering (bizopp) but
many bizopp seekers will not necessarily sign up
with the first ad they see / person they speak with.
Something has to attract them or resonate within them
whether it's the product, the person, the company, etc.

I am not saying you are wrong in the regard of wanting
to make your offer directly. I am just commenting that
using lead capture pages and other such ways are
just another tool.

[:)] Gabrielle
Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step.
---MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.
myfunbiz
Advanced Member

by Warren_Walther » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:27 am

Hi Jana,

i'm not following you when you say relationship marketing may not benefit the mlm industry.

How is this a negative?

Probably I expressed it badly.

What I'm trying to say is that I don't want to have to try to interest people in my business opportunity by getting their name on my mailing-list by initially attracting them with something different (some free information or really low-priced product or whatever) as a "bait-and-switch" so that I can eventually, through having built a relationship with them, ask them if they might be interested in a home-based business opportunity just because after all this time they know and trust me. I want to start off by talking to people who are already looking for a home-based business opportunity. There are enough of them! They will get to know and trust me pretty quickly if I have what they want. Why make it all so indirect and "eventual" and "baited-and-switched"?! Just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

And in the UK in particular (and I am in the UK, myself - sorry if it doesn't show on my profile), I know that people usually tend to be pretty mistrustful of someone offering one thing and trying to sell something else on the back of it. And I can see why. People think it makes the "real sale" look a bit dodgy or desperate if that's the only way folk can go about selling it!

I'm not saying that "relationship marketing" can't be of any use. What's negative about it, to me, is that it's a very, very poor second-best compared with the more direct system of offering my business opportunity to people who are looking for one in the first place! [;)]

I also think it has a lot to do with internet marketing, and although it's clearly true that some internet marketing techniques can be relevant to network marketing, it's certainly a huge mistake to think that they're synonoymous.

If I introduce myself in person to someone, I have made a contact. That contact might, or might not...depending on the individual situation, result in someone being interested in my business (as a customer or as an agent). It is very seldom that I would even consider presenting either the product or the business when I first meet someone in person.

How is this any different than introducing myself via a lead capture page? You seem to be saying that if I don't tell someone at the beginning that I am recruiting them as a customer or as an agent that I am trying to pull some sort of bait and switch trick. Plus, it is only the most dense person who would not understand the entire purpose of my webpage is business anyway (I am NOT directing that comment to anyone here). If they respond to my webpage, the only possible reason is because they are interested in business.

I imagine that the overwhelming majority of people who frequent this forum would suggest that this business is about building relationships with people. The relationship might or might not end up as a business discussion. Always being in the "sales mode" is going to make a person mightly unpopular....people tend to go out of their way to avoid anyone who starts the conversation with "what can I sell you?"
Last edited by Warren_Walther on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Warren Walther
Cell Phone Choices
http:www.IWantPCS.com

EMAIL: warren@ldvalue.com
Warren_Walther
Advanced Member

by Davidlee38 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:51 am

just because someone doesnt want to use something doesnt mean it doesnt work

take cars

can u imagine someone saying Id buy a car but i dont like using keys to turn it on

that doesnt mean that using keys to start cars arent used everywhere

lead capture pages work and work well

and for those that dont wanna use them or dont think they work

then dont use them

but and ive told this story lots times

jonathan mizel, the bloke on the aweber videos signed someone up to his free magazine , then back ended his $97 subscriptiuon magazine

this bloke then spent $500 on his course, then they spent over $2000 to go to a seminar he was in

then paid him $10,000 an hour for his consultancy in his business
Davidlee38
Advanced Member

by jana » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:28 pm

You seem to be saying that if I don't tell someone at the beginning that I am recruiting them as a customer or as an agent that I am trying to pull some sort of bait and switch trick.

Sorry, Warren. I should not have responded to your post in the first place.

We agree about many things and disagree about only one or two.

I'm really tired of making short, succinct, easy-to-follow statements about what I think only to find people coming back with "You seem to be saying ..." and something different from what I've said.

I'm really tired of repeating myself.

I imagine that the overwhelming majority of people who frequent this forum would suggest that this business is about building relationships with people.

I would hope so, Warren. Certainly I'm one of them. I have never suggested otherwise. But long experience has taught me that I can sponsor distributors without needing to build a relationship with them first having originally found them because they wanted something different!! If they're looking for what I have to offer in the first place, it's easy.

All I want to do is attract people who are actively looking for a business opportunity. I want to avoid attracting people who are looking for something different from that "with the hope that by getting to know and trust me over a period of time they will eventually become interested in my business opportunity even though that's not what they were looking for in the first place", because by comparison that's a REALLY poor use of my time and efforts and resources. I don't care in the slightest whether that's done with a lead-capture page or without one. I have nothing against lead capture pages at all and never said that I had.

Best wishes to you, and every success ...

Jana
Last edited by jana on Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jana
Advanced Member

by Warren_Walther » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:12 pm

You seem to be saying that if I don't tell someone at the beginning that I am recruiting them as a customer or as an agent that I am trying to pull some sort of bait and switch trick.

Sorry, Warren. I should not have responded to your post in the first place.

We agree about many things and disagree about only one or two.

I'm really tired of making short, succinct, easy-to-follow statements about what I think only to find people coming back with "You seem to be saying ..." and something different from what I've said.

I'm really tired of repeating myself.

I imagine that the overwhelming majority of people who frequent this forum would suggest that this business is about building relationships with people.

I would hope so, Warren. Certainly I'm one of them. I have never suggested otherwise. But long experience has taught me that I can sponsor distributors without needing to build a relationship with them first having originally found them because they wanted something different!! If they're looking for what I have to offer in the first place, it's easy.

All I want to do is attract people who are actively looking for a business opportunity. I want to avoid attracting people who are looking for something different from that "with the hope that by getting to know and trust me over a period of time they will eventually become interested in my business opportunity even though that's not what they were looking for in the first place", because by comparison that's a REALLY poor use of my time and efforts and resources. I don't care in the slightest whether that's done with a lead-capture page or without one. I have nothing against lead capture pages at all and never said that I had.

Best wishes to you, and every success ...

Jana

You are welcome to participate or not. However, and I say this with all due respect, you should not post unless you are ready to be challenged regarding what you say. That is one of the purposes of a place like this.

I have sponsored many people without building a relationship with them. I am in a company where sometimes I get a person in my downline quite by chance. That being said, if I am recruiting someone, I do like to be in a position of deciding whether I want to have any kind of contact with them. As far as I am concerned, my business in not necessarily open to anyone who wants to be there. It's my choice, not theirs.
Warren Walther
Cell Phone Choices

Warren_Walther
Advanced Member

by jana » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:25 pm

you should not post unless you are ready to be challenged regarding what you say. That is one of the purposes of a place like this.

I agree with you, Warren. It's only being challenged regarding things I haven't actually said that sometimes irritates a little bit! [;)]
jana
Advanced Member

by Marko1 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:40 pm

It is very seldom that I would even consider presenting either the product or the business when I first meet someone in person.

You must do quite badly, then, compared with how you would do if the people you met in person were those whom you already knew to be looking for a business opportunity.

How is this any different than introducing myself via a lead capture page? You seem to be saying that if I don't tell someone at the beginning that I am recruiting them as a customer or as an agent that I am trying to pull some sort of bait and switch trick.

Interpretations differ, obviously: it didn't seem to me that that was what Jana was saying at all.

Yes, after sponsoring them in your MLM opportunity, not as a way of trying eventually to sponsor them in future into your MLM opportunity even if that's not what they were looking for!

Always being in the "sales mode" is going to make a person mightly unpopular

Not among people who are expressly in buying mode, it's not. And why on earth would you want to talk anyone else in preference to them, when you've got something to sell?!

people tend to go out of their way to avoid anyone who starts the conversation with "what can I sell you?"

Exactly Jana's point. Boy, have you misunderstood her!

The idea of the "bait and switch" technique is to sell one thing first, then maybe another, so that eventually you can try to sell your business opportunity after "relationship-building" (excuse me while I throw up). That typifies the "What can I sell you?" approach. In great contrast to that is the "I have a business opportunity to offer; is that something you want to look at?" approach. This is honest, direct, productive, non-time-wasting, and is also how Jana originally sponsored me when I was looking for a part-time home-based business opportunity.

Boy, did you misunderstand her!!
Marko1
Advanced Member

by Warren_Walther » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:45 pm

It is very seldom that I would even consider presenting either the product or the business when I first meet someone in person.

You must do quite badly, then, compared with how you would do if the people you met in person were those whom you already knew to be looking for a business opportunity.

How is this any different than introducing myself via a lead capture page? You seem to be saying that if I don't tell someone at the beginning that I am recruiting them as a customer or as an agent that I am trying to pull some sort of bait and switch trick.

Interpretations differ, obviously: it didn't seem to me that that was what Jana was saying at all.

Yes, after sponsoring them in your MLM opportunity, not as a way of trying eventually to sponsor them in future into your MLM opportunity even if that's not what they were looking for!

Always being in the "sales mode" is going to make a person mightly unpopular

Not among people who are expressly in buying mode, it's not. And why on earth would you want to talk anyone else in preference to them, when you've got something to sell?!

people tend to go out of their way to avoid anyone who starts the conversation with "what can I sell you?"

Exactly Jana's point. Boy, have you misunderstood her!

The idea of the "bait and switch" technique is to sell one thing first, then maybe another, so that eventually you can try to sell your business opportunity after "relationship-building" (excuse me while I throw up). That typifies the "What can I sell you?" approach. In great contrast to that is the "I have a business opportunity to offer; is that something you want to look at?" approach. This is honest, direct, productive, non-time-wasting, and is also how Jana originally sponsored me when I was looking for a part-time home-based business opportunity.

Boy, did you misunderstand her!!

Huh? I will respectfully disagree with you, while at the same time not understanding about half of what you said.

I live a thuroughly non stressfull life. I am, for the most part, 100% indifferent to whether people are interested in my biz op or not. I often get around to talking with people regarding what I do, but I hardly ever walk out my door looking for people to sign up. Do I miss a few who might be interested? Sure I do.

It doesn't bother me. I do what I feel like doing almost every day of the year. I just got back from a 7000 mile road trip. It was good to get away for a couple of months. I mention this only to suggest that it is never necessary for me to consider anyone as a potential downline. If we get to that point, it's hopefully great for both of us. If we don't get there, so be it.

When I posted what I thought a good lead capture page was all about, this person, jana, seemingly posted a response suggesting that perhaps what I was talking about was misleading. At this point, that still seems to be the response from jana.

Part of my issue is that most people who find it necessary to guide the conversation toward business (in a non-business situation) are so gullibly transparent that I never have any interest in what they say. It has been years since I felt the need to look at everyone as a potential business associate. Most people are better off keeping their jobs because they do not possess the skills or sincere desire to do this.
Last edited by Warren_Walther on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Warren Walther
Cell Phone Choices

Warren_Walther
Advanced Member

by Davidlee38 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:59 am

warren i think jana is playing a fast one

over the last few weeks

shes said shes thinking of joing tony in lli, and phoned him about it

yet not confirmed by tony, and ive been here to long to know he doesnt pass up on opp at recruitng on this forum ( even though he says he doesnt lol)

she has also said she doesnt like selling , lli is direct sales is it not ?

she also says she doesnt like lead capture pages, yet tony says he uses them

she came here slagging people of , her first 4 posts are removed

she uses tonys phrase what has this gotto do with mlm, and tries to say this forum would be better of without me, yrs ago tony had said cple times that if i didnt post mlm id be better of in another forum

she uses lots his mannerisms, his words, his tartness with people who dont agree with him

i think we have jana wrong

i actually think shes having fun with us all, and is another kickiass

and also this thing about me better of in a network marketing forum lol another rushism

i think this gal is yanking our crank lol
Davidlee38
Advanced Member

by jana » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:25 pm

warren i think jana is playing a fast one
over the last few weeks
shes said shes thinking of joing tony in lli, and phoned him about it

This is just plain wrong, David. I have neither phoned Tony nor ever said that I've phoned Tony.

she has also said she doesnt like selling

I don't.

lli is direct sales is it not ?

I'm not a distributor of LLI. My feeling about it is that the "selling" part is done by LLI's websites and presentation calls, but I can be wrong about that so I'll let someone who is in LLI answer that.

she also says she doesnt like lead capture pages

On the contrary, I have stated expressly and repeatedly that I have absolutely nothing against them. Yesterday alone I said so in three posts.

her first 4 posts are removed

They were removed by me, for God's sake. Because when I saw your behaviour I was thinking on not staying a member after all. I then had emails from a lot of UK people in MLM congratulating me on joining, urging me to stay, and not to run away from offensive people like you, and in response to them I changed my mind.

I object to your behaviour every day that I'm here, and so do a lot of other people.

Most of what you say in your post above is just factually inaccurate (surprise surprise).
jana
Advanced Member

by Davidlee38 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:31 pm

lol jan i can be as factually imacurate as u want baby but it
doesnt make a jot of difference in the impression your giving of
Davidlee38
Advanced Member

by jana » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:41 pm

lol jan i can be as factually imacurate as u want baby

I am not your "baby" and your references to my age and my wearing nurses' uniform really offend me a lot. Your behaviour seems to be getting worse and worse. I may be young, but I'm a doctor, not a nurse. I am complaining about you to the management yet again today. I am now really determined to try to get rid of you from this forum, David. Like so many other members here, I am simply no longer willing to tolerate you.
jana
Advanced Member

by Marko1 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:47 pm

I am now really determined to try to get rid of you from this forum, David. Like so many other members here, I am simply no longer willing to tolerate you.

It appeared from the thread the moderators removed from the "feedback" section a few days ago that many of us are with you, Jana. The sad thing is that so many have already gone (sometimes announcing expressly with their departure that David's behaviour is what's driven them away), because if those people were still here, we would collectively have an even louder voice. As it is, with every person he puts off from using this forum, he has one less detractor to speak against him, which makes it harder to do anything about this offensive problem. And that's without all the people who won't join and contribute because of him. A sorry situation indeed. [:(]
Marko1
Advanced Member

by jana » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:20 pm

A sorry situation indeed.

Thanks for your support, Marko. I'm really not going to be driven away, even by David's less pleasant personal comments. I intend to fight this out, if necessary, and produce a beneficial change in this forum, whatever it takes.

It saddens me that the members seem to care more than the moderators, but I admit that I was greatly heartened by learning (from a post of David's in yet another of his "feedback" threads which was deleted a couple of days ago) that he's recently had two written warnings from the management.

The more people who take the trouble and the two-seconds of time to click on "bad post" whenever David does this sort of thing, the better. Thank you!
jana
Advanced Member

by jana » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:59 pm

lol jana

why is it , that 100% time outside school holidays u post at 8pm

while school hols u post mid day

now i can except you may have kids so thats why and have taken time off

but drs work 24 hr shifts sometimes 48 yet u post at exactly the same time in the evenings

and also u just happen to be posting when marko's the fake ip merchant is on

people aint dumb here jana

and answer me this

if u dont like selling why lli which is direct sales ?

why if u disagree with people promoting themselves first are u doing the same here

also why if u dont like the above have u gone with tony as a possible lli sponsor who promotes himself to the eye teeth

and secondly how do u think oprah , donald trump , etc to business if not self promoting

The above post is personally motivated, rude, argumentative, illogical, stupid and has no place in this or any other forum. I won't respond to any of it, other than to urge all members please to be kind enough to go back up to that post of David's and click on its "bad post" button so that collectively we can try to stop this happening. Otherwise it will go on for ever.
jana
Advanced Member

by Davidlee38 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:13 pm

lol jana

anything but answer the question

very tony

"you learn well my young padewan"

lol
Davidlee38
Advanced Member

by Davidlee38 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:17 pm

jana suprise suprise

your mentors on

its weird

2 countries 3 people = 95% on at the same time

now to me thats weird

it maybe coincidental
Davidlee38
Advanced Member

by MLMarketer » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:21 pm

Don’t advertise your business directly. This will look like the hard sell and will turn a lot of quality people off.

Instead offer something that can be of use to your market. For example, offer a report or other free information

I'm all in favour of lead capture pages, dude, but these are some seriously weird beliefs you have here!

If you advertise your business directly, is a quality person who's looking for that type of business opportunity going to turned off? Why do you believe that?

And how do you actually gain by offering "something else instead"?
MLMarketer