General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by ScottLunsford » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:07 pm


Craig_Mattice wrote:
I will admit, should I be researching using the key word scam, I desire information relating to possible scam aspects of the subject, not read a presentation of why something is not a scam.



Craig I would like to ask why you would not want both sides of the story when searching " _____scam?"
I would most definately like to find the pros and cons of something. Does it really matter what the name of the domane name is if the information there is good?
Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence
User avatar
ScottLunsford
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:58 pm
Location: Wichita,KS

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Kim_Ward » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:03 pm


Craig I would like to ask why you would not want both sides of the story when searching " _____scam?"
I would most definately like to find the pros and cons of something. ?



I think that was the point that was made about scam.com some time back. :ugeek:
Some things that are on my mind...
http://kim-ward.com/the-adhd-diet-connection/
User avatar
Kim_Ward
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:07 pm
Location: , USA

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Shelley » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:18 pm


Kim_Ward wrote:
Craig I would like to ask why you would not want both sides of the story when searching " _____scam?"
I would most definately like to find the pros and cons of something. ?



I think that was the point that was made about scam.com some time back. :ugeek:

yeah how about an update on how all that worked out. :geek:

Cheers,
Shelley
User avatar
Shelley
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 3699
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Kim_Ward » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 pm


Shelley wrote:
Kim_Ward wrote:
Craig I would like to ask why you would not want both sides of the story when searching " _____scam?"
I would most definately like to find the pros and cons of something. ?



I think that was the point that was made about scam.com some time back. :ugeek:

yeah how about an update on how all that worked out. :geek:

Cheers,
Shelley


How I can I update how something works out for those who use scam.com for the reasons described here?

That's like asking me to split test your zeolite scam keywords and compare that to what others say online,
and figure out how many sales you didn't get because of that.
Some things that are on my mind...
http://kim-ward.com/the-adhd-diet-connection/
User avatar
Kim_Ward
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:07 pm
Location: , USA

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Shelley » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 pm


Kim_Ward wrote:
Shelley wrote:
Kim_Ward wrote:I think that was the point that was made about scam.com some time back. :ugeek:

yeah how about an update on how all that worked out. :geek:

Cheers,
Shelley


How I can I update how something works out for those who use scam.com for the reasons described here?

That's like asking me to split test your zeolite scam keywords and compare that to what others say online,
and figure out how many sales you didn't get because of that.

oh I didn't know there were people who used scam.com for the reasons described here. I don't think that was the point made, but the thread has been deleted so I guess all we have are our fondest memories. LOL

good versus evil prevailed and all that. :lol:

Cheers,
Shelley
User avatar
Shelley
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 3699
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Kim_Ward » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:44 pm



oh I didn't know there were people who used scam.com for the reasons described here. I don't think that was the point made, but the thread has been deleted so I guess all we have are our fondest memories. LOL

good versus evil prevailed and all that. :lol:

Cheers,
Shelley


Scam as a keyword, getting in front of people who search scam, topic of the thread.

Good vs. evil... off topic, leaning towards trollish.
Some things that are on my mind...
http://kim-ward.com/the-adhd-diet-connection/
User avatar
Kim_Ward
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:07 pm
Location: , USA

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Shelley » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:53 pm


Kim_Ward wrote:

oh I didn't know there were people who used scam.com for the reasons described here. I don't think that was the point made, but the thread has been deleted so I guess all we have are our fondest memories. LOL

good versus evil prevailed and all that. :lol:

Cheers,
Shelley


Scam as a keyword, getting in front of people who search scam, topic of the thread.

Good vs. evil... off topic, leaning towards trollish.

You brought up scam.com. Now you don't want to talk about it.

trollish?

pot kettle :ugeek:

Cheers,
Shelley
User avatar
Shelley
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 3699
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Kim_Ward » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:10 pm


Shelley wrote:
Kim_Ward wrote:

oh I didn't know there were people who used scam.com for the reasons described here. I don't think that was the point made, but the thread has been deleted so I guess all we have are our fondest memories. LOL

good versus evil prevailed and all that. :lol:

Cheers,
Shelley


Scam as a keyword, getting in front of people who search scam, topic of the thread.

Good vs. evil... off topic, leaning towards trollish.

You brought up scam.com. Now you don't want to talk about it.

trollish?

pot kettle :ugeek:

Cheers,
Shelley


Yes I did bring up scam.com for a very good reason, it fits into the topic of google, scam
and getting in front of people searching that word, and a topic that has been discussed here
before. I think I made a very good point bringing that together.

I have no issue talking about it, but I'm not going off topic on any issues you have with
me making my point about scam.com Shelley. Moving on...
Some things that are on my mind...
http://kim-ward.com/the-adhd-diet-connection/
User avatar
Kim_Ward
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:07 pm
Location: , USA

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Shelley » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:22 pm


Kim_Ward wrote:
Kim_Ward wrote: trollish.

I have no issue talking about it, but I'm not going off topic on any issues you have with
me making my point about scam.com Shelley. Moving on...

You seem a little touchy tonight Kim. Is everything OK?

Cheers,
Shelley
User avatar
Shelley
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 3699
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Kim_Ward » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:48 pm


Shelley wrote:
Kim_Ward wrote:
Kim_Ward wrote: trollish.

I have no issue talking about it, but I'm not going off topic on any issues you have with
me making my point about scam.com Shelley. Moving on...

You seem a little touchy tonight Kim. Is everything OK?

Cheers,
Shelley


Everything is great Shelley thanks for asking! Seems like you're confusing being direct with being touchy.


Hope all is well with you too, have a wonderful night.
Some things that are on my mind...
http://kim-ward.com/the-adhd-diet-connection/
User avatar
Kim_Ward
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:07 pm
Location: , USA

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Shelley » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 pm


Kim_Ward wrote:
Shelley wrote:
Kim_Ward wrote: trollish.
I have no issue talking about it, but I'm not going off topic on any issues you have with
me making my point about scam.com Shelley. Moving on...

You seem a little touchy tonight Kim. Is everything OK?

Cheers,
Shelley


Everything is great Shelley thanks for asking! Seems like you're confusing being direct with being touchy.


Hope all is well with you too, have a wonderful night.

I'm not confused. They are often the same thing. I should know. :lol: I'm glad things are well with you.

And back to the topic at hand.

The power of Google, and using scam.com for marketing, or using scam in a domain name... It appears that, in the long run, the biggest proponents of using scam.com to promote mlm because it showed up in Google, well that didn't end so well for them.

I think there was another point made at the time. That was HOW you come across using your chosen marketing technique is every bit as important as what keywords you use, and which venue you choose.

I don't think that Scott choosing CompanyXXXscam.com means that he is implying that companyXXX is a scam simply by the choice of his domain name. Any marketing campaign can succeed or fail based on the content and manner of presentation.

Cheers,
Shelley
User avatar
Shelley
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 3699
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Gery_D » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:19 pm


ScottLunsford wrote:
Craig_Mattice wrote:
I will admit, should I be researching using the key word scam, I desire information relating to possible scam aspects of the subject, not read a presentation of why something is not a scam.



Craig I would like to ask why you would not want both sides of the story when searching " _____scam?"
I would most definately like to find the pros and cons of something. Does it really matter what the name of the domane name is if the information there is good?


If I got unbiased information as to why something was NOT a scam it might be different. Unfortunately if I'm not pitched on something that I wasn't looking for to start with I get slammed with a bunch of poorly written articles or blogsites supported by a rep of that company practicing the latest lesson from their IM Guru's WebToo.0 catalog of tips.

What frustrates me even more is using a Google search box and typing in a company name with no intention of using the word scam and finding XXXX scam pop up as the second suggestion topic 4 times out of 5 or one of the top five in Bing search box suggested topics. Even if people aren't considering the scam aspect when searching for information it is suggested to them that it is.
Gery DiMarco
Image
User avatar
Gery_D
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9052
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Garland, TX, USA

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by thebrokerjones » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 am


scam.com sadly is a cesspool of a "small group of individuals" who want to literally blackmail a large group of the internet for their own "traffic and monetary gains".

I've got the names/addresses/background histories/criminal records/affiliations and other important information of most of their prominent players.

They are all going down.

1 by 1.

Grab your popcorn MLM.com'ers.

The sleeping giant, has been awoke.

Kind Regards,

Justin "Broker" Jones
Oceanside Performance at Gain Capital UK --When You Love What You See. Join Us Free http://www.oceansideforex.com/performance.php
User avatar
thebrokerjones
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:00 am
Location: USA

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Wendy » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:22 am


thebrokerjones wrote:scam.com sadly is a cesspool of a "small group of individuals" who want to literally blackmail a large group of the internet for their own "traffic and monetary gains".

I've got the names/addresses/background histories/criminal records/affiliations and other important information of most of their prominent players.....including liveandlearn here.

They are all going down.

1 by 1.

Grab your popcorn MLM.com'ers.

The sleeping giant, has been awoke.

Kind Regards,

Justin "Broker" Jones


They're all going down? ... Kind of like your blog?

What happened to it, Broker? ... Down for Terms of Service violation, it says right now ... Were you naughty?

And how did you get their private information?
User avatar
Wendy
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 4888
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:38 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Shelley » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:34 am


thebrokerjones wrote:They are all going down.

1 by 1.


The sleeping giant, has been awoke.

Kind Regards,

Justin "Broker" Jones

Oh brother. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgXUFnfKIY

Cheers,
Shelley

(p.s. The sleeping giant could stand to review his english 101 course.)
User avatar
Shelley
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 3699
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by ChrisDoyle » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 am


Go for it Broker...my popcorn bag is open!

:D

Chris
User avatar
ChrisDoyle
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:45 pm
Location: GBR

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by thebrokerjones » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:16 am


ChrisDoyle wrote:Go for it Broker...my popcorn bag is open!

:D

Chris


Will keep ya updated. ;) It will be a long & expensive process but the days of "free slander and libel" on scam.com are coming to an end.

Broker

PS-- Wendy, my "wordpress" hosted blog was linking to too many of my business opportunities. This wasn't the first time they "suspended it", I just no longer need a free service and have 3 of my own blogs hosted privately.

PS-- Shelley.....you know we will be hiring an editor/office assistant soon. :mrgreen:
Oceanside Performance at Gain Capital UK --When You Love What You See. Join Us Free http://www.oceansideforex.com/performance.php
User avatar
thebrokerjones
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:00 am
Location: USA

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Tsnyder » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:28 am


thebrokerjones wrote:Will keep ya updated. ;) It will be a long & expensive process but the days of "free slander and libel" on scam.com are coming to an end.

Broker


Dude... seriously... pick one or the other. It can't be both slander
and libel at the same time.

It will not only be a long and expensive process it will be a complete
waste of time and money. Good luck proving damages... without that
proof you have no case.

Tsnyder
If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
User avatar
Tsnyder
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 6152
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:45 pm
Location: USA

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Shelley » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:54 am


thebrokerjones wrote:I've got the names/addresses/background histories/criminal records/affiliations and other important information of most of their prominent players.....including liveandlearn here.

Seriously, Justin, your case will be thrown out before it ever gets heard. No lawyer will represent you with no chance of winning. That's because you have no legal right to be in possession of "the names/addresses/background histories/criminal records/affiliations and other important information". Free speech is protected under the First amendment in the United States, and posters have a right to remain anonymous. ISP's and websites are under no obligation to provide the information unless ordered to by a court of law. Scam.com abides by this policy, and will refuse to give out that information.

Good luck trying to explain how you came by that information. The more likely scenario is that you and your "informant", who had access to the information and provided it to you illegally, will end up as defendants.

Oh and you didn't post any of that info on your blog before it was taken down because you have "too many links to your businesses?" For your sake I hope you didn't. You would be surprised how many surfers know how to take a screen shot or a PDF of a website.

Either way it will be amusing to watch. (I'm curious... which one of you is "The Sleeping Giant">? :lol:

Cheers,
Shelley
User avatar
Shelley
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 3699
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Don't ignore the power of Google when building your busi

by Gery_D » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:15 am


Shelley wrote:
thebrokerjones wrote:They are all going down.
1 by 1.

The sleeping giant, has been awoke.

Kind Regards,
Justin "Broker" Jones

Oh brother. :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgXUFnfKIY

Cheers,
Shelley
(p.s. The sleeping giant could stand to review his english 101 course.)


Are you sure you didn't mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJBhzMWJCc
Gery DiMarco
Image
User avatar
Gery_D
Advanced Member
 
Posts: 9052
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Garland, TX, USA

cron