An Info Trax Publication

General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

Re: Noni vs. Xango vs. Viaviente vs. Goji....

by TonyRush » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:30 am

Who on earth dug this old topic up? It dates all the way back to October of 2004!

Wow! Someone's been doing a search for juice conversations!

Tony
Find out how I'm generating hundreds of leads per week and you can do the same....
http://www.WeirdMarketingTips.com
TonyRush
Advanced Member

by chefbrian » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:35 am

Screw the juice's.. they're all overpriced, weak, and to heavy to carry around.

uh...How many servings per month does Monavie have?

And how much does it cost per serving?

Amigo is about 55 cents per

Alien

Well, let's see, Al. Hmmm...

Servings 90 per container
Directions: Mix 1 scoop with 4 oz of water, 3 times per day.
Each container is approximately a 30 day supply.

Cost: Amigo Juice 1 Can, Retail $99.00 (Talking about overpriced....)

That's about $1.10

Of course, I could sign up as a rep and get wholesale pricing, but that would entail a $10 application fee and a monthly recurring auto-ship order, from what I see.

Sounds kind of pricy.
chefbrian
Advanced Member

by JamesLeong » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:03 am

ALien

"Amigo...

Has more Mangosteen
Has more Acai
Has more Goji "

Do you guys have the comparison of all the juices? I think it was the chef who posted Monavie had 1000 mg per serving.I would like to see it if it's done

At the end of the day, whether it's Mangosteen, acai, goji, or noni
juice, the efficacy of these supplements is usually determined by
mainly two key factors...

1) ORAC,
2) And concentration of Polysaccharides

ORAC, short for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, is a test
tube analysis that measures the total antioxidant power. Foods
that score high in an antioxidant analysis called ORAC may
protect cells and their components from oxidative damage
(According to studies of animals and human blood at the
Agricultural Research Service's Human Nutrition Research
Center on Aging at Tufts in Boston).

Polysaccharides are proven immune boosters and have
anticarcinogenic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and
cardioprotective effects (Please excuse the scientific jargon
here, I'm a Biotechnologist by training before I joined MLM
full-time[;)])

James Leong
JamesLeong
Advanced Member

by chefbrian » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:15 am

Fascinating, James!

Guess we'll have to be carfeful about any claims we make when you're around!

Question. How is the concentration of Polysaccharides in a juice expressed? And what's the relationship betwen polysaccharides and the GI index, if any? Seems to me, if we're talking fruit juices, then we're talking about spikes in blood sugar.
chefbrian
Advanced Member

by TonyRush » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:28 am

Respectfully, I disagree.

The measurement of carotenoids and polysaccharides will give you information about two things: carotenoids and polysaccharides.

Those measurements will not, however, tell you anything about the number of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, lipids, phytochemicals, trace minerals, etc. that may be present and beneficial to the user.

There is no such thing as a single test or measurement that will tell you if a product is any good.

Tony
Find out how I'm generating hundreds of leads per week and you can do the same....
http://www.WeirdMarketingTips.com
TonyRush
Advanced Member

by The_Alien » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:34 am

Screw the juice's.. they're all overpriced, weak, and to heavy to carry around.

uh...How many servings per month does Monavie have?

And how much does it cost per serving?

Amigo is about 55 cents per

Alien

Well, let's see, Al. Hmmm...

Servings 90 per container
Directions: Mix 1 scoop with 4 oz of water, 3 times per day.
Each container is approximately a 30 day supply.

Cost: Amigo Juice 1 Can, Retail $99.00 (Talking about overpriced....)

That's about $1.10

Of course, I could sign up as a rep and get wholesale pricing, but that would entail a $10 application fee and a monthly recurring auto-ship order, from what I see.

Sounds kind of pricy.

Actually Chef, the cost per is quite cheap.. not very expensive at all.

Only a fool would pay $99, when it is very clear they can get it for $49.95. besides that, I don't think you can even buy it at that price unless you can find a rep willing to sell it to you for that outrageous amount. Seems like that is more Amigo "marketing hype" than Amigo "fact".

And if the buyer doesn't want to do the autoship, they can by it at cost from their supplier/rep for as little as $20 per can.

Also, from what I can see, they now have veggie capsules, so the only liquid you will need.... will be that which you wash down the veggie caps with.

Compare that to what it would cost you for any combination of the 3 main ingredients from any of the other sellers out there, (such as Xango [:-&], Goji [:)], Frutavida [:-&] ).

I am convinced that Amigo will be one of the easiest, fastest moving deals out there for the next several months.

Where else can you make a solid 9% on ALL of your volume, with no worry of structure requirements? [:D]

I can tell you this, the company I work for is gearing up for a massive multi-million exposure offline/online marketing campaign for this program.

By the way, the program is a "force-filled 3 x 9 matrix" that pays $490 for each 100 people in your group

[>-)]
The_Alien
Advanced Member

by JamesLeong » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:35 am

Fascinating, James!

Question. How is the concentration of Polysaccharides in a juice expressed? And what's the relationship betwen polysaccharides and the GI index, if any? Seems to me, if we're talking fruit juices, then we're talking about spikes in blood sugar.

Chef,
Supplements rich in non-starch polysaccharides have a low glycemic
index and protects against diabetes. The important word
here is "NON-STARCH".

James
JamesLeong
Advanced Member

by The_Alien » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:09 am

Fascinating, James!

Chef,
here is "NON-STARCH".

James

And of course, don't forget all the other available bio-markers which could also be affected by the ingestion of any of these polysaccharide rich nutrients.

A complete blood panel for cardio will show many of the available bio-markers if all the pertinent test are done. [:-B]

[>-)]
The_Alien
Advanced Member

by JamesLeong » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:56 am

Fascinating, James!

Chef,
here is "NON-STARCH".

James

And of course, don't forget all the other available bio-markers which could also be affected by the ingestion of any of these polysaccharide rich nutrients.

A complete blood panel for cardio will show many of the available bio-markers if all the pertinent test are done. [:-B]

[>-)]

Alien
I see that you're an expert on supplements as well[=D>]

James Leong
JamesLeong
Advanced Member

by The_Alien » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Fascinating, James!

Chef,
here is "NON-STARCH".

James

[>-)]

Alien
I see that you're an expert on supplements as well[=D>]

James Leong

I would not say I am an expert at anything... (Even Earth Girls [:((] )

However, as all Alien's do.... I happen to have a little bit of a scientific background [:D]

[>-)]
Dr. Alien, Phd
The_Alien
Advanced Member

by swallach » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:59 pm

All fine companies, find a product and company that fits your needs and go for it!

(I would add Vemma and American Longevity to your list however!)

Our "Vitale' " stacks up against anything in the Juice Market!

Cheers,

Steve Wallach
Gic
American Longevity, Intl.
swallach
Advanced Member

by JamesLeong » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:02 pm

All fine companies, find a product and company that fits your needs and go for it!

(I would add Vemma and American Longevity to your list however!)

Our "Vitale' " stacks up against anything in the Juice Market!

Cheers,

Steve Wallach
Gic
American Longevity, Intl.

Steve,
When you say your "Vitale stacks up against anything in the
Juice Market", can please you provide us with the a least the
ORAC so that the rest of us can make an educated comparison?[:-B]

James Leong
JamesLeong
Advanced Member

by swallach » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Hi James,

The ORAC score is roughly 1,850 ORAC points per each ounce.
I say roughly because it varies being a natural fruit and Veggie blend. It has been independantly tested by Brunswick Labs many times.

"Vitale' " is an Italian word that meens "Lively, Full of Life".

It's in a 32 oz Glass "Wine Bottle" and is marketed with a rich Tuscan feel to the marketing materials.

It's GREAT on frozen Yogurt or Cheese Cake Too! :)

Cheers,

Steve
swallach
Advanced Member

by JamesLeong » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:06 pm

It's GREAT on frozen Yogurt or Cheese Cake Too! :)

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,
Chef would certainly love your suggested serving idea[;)]

James Leong
JamesLeong
Advanced Member

by lacpga » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:43 pm

HELLO ALL I KNOW ITS IN CAPITALS SO WHAT ITS EASY .

www.noniresearch.org

www.noniisgoodforyou.com

www.tni.com/1933872

THINK OF IT AS A BUSINESS

BUSINESS PLAN 1ST

CHECK OUT THE TICKER TAPE MOVING ACROSS THE LAST SITE

HONEST NOT TRYING TO SELL TNI JUST ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION BYE BYE
CHRIS MORLEY PGA ETF

WHY WHY WHY

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS NOT MLM OR ANY OTHER NAME

CHECK THE FACTS :

DOES IT SELL

DOES IT WORK

CAN YOU DUPLICATE THE PROGRAM .

www.tni.com/1933872
lacpga

by DallasMadole » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:50 pm

ORAC does not tell the complete story. Here is an excerpt from an article by Jon Barron. It makes good sense to me. See what you think.

What ORAC Numbers Don’t Tell You

Even if we assume that the tested ORAC figures are accurate, it is important to understand that having a high ORAC value in and of itself does not confer any particular advantage.

* Not all antioxidants that are confirmed as present in a test tube can be absorbed and utilized by the human body. It doesn’t matter how high the value is in a test tube, if it doesn’t work in the body, it has no value to you.
* In addition, different antioxidants target different free radicals. Having an ORAC value of 17,000 that targets one group of free radicals leaves you vulnerable to the ones not targeted.
* And keep in mind that different antioxidants work in different areas of the body. Gingko biloba, for example, works in the brain and cardiovascular system, whereas curcumin likes the colon, and silymarin the liver. Again, having 5,000 ORAC units working in the brain isn’t much consolation if you’re dying of liver cancer.
* ORAC value tells only a very small part of the story. Saying that pycnogenol is 20 times more powerful than vitamin C, for example, is meaningless when it comes to scurvy. In that regard, vitamin C is infinitely more powerful than pycnogenol. Or to say that mangosteen is 10 times stronger than noni (one of the inaccurate claims that we’ve seen a number of times in the past couple of weeks) is also meaningless. When it comes to raising nitric oxide levels, noni is infinitely stronger. Mangosteen doesn’t do that. On the other hand, mangosteen appears to have much stronger antipathogenic activity than noni. Bottom line: ORAC value by itself presents a very incomplete picture.
* And finally, there is a limit as to how much you can benefit from an increased intake of antioxidants. The maximum number of ORAC units the body seems to be able to handle in a given day is about 3,000 to 5,000 units. This is because the antioxidant capacity of the blood is tightly regulated, and there is an upper limit to the benefit that can be derived from antioxidants. Taking in 25,000 ORAC units at one time (as reputedly occurs with mangosteen if you were to believe what you read on some websites) would be no more beneficial than taking in a fifth of that amount. The excess is simply excreted by the kidneys.

Let me rephrase that to make it even clearer. Taking more than 3-5 thousand ORAC units a day of the same antioxidant is a bit like using a tank to go to the grocery store. It's overkill. And promoting those super high numbers in advertising is a bit like a car dealer trying to convince you to buy that tank for your grocery shopping in the first place. It's less than honest.

Comparing Apples to Apples

Now let’s go back to the issue I mentioned above of ORAC values normally being calculated on the basis of 100 gram portions -- the reason being that ORAC was originally developed to give data on whole foods, and 100 grams works out to just under a 4 ounce portion.. That means

* When it comes to liquid supplements such as mangosteen, 100 grams equals 3.57 ounces. That means it’s essential that you make sure the comparison cited for ORAC values is based on equivalent volumes (or servings). When sellers of mangosteen claim ORAC values far superior to other antioxidants, are they comparing serving to serving? Probably not. In fact, the indications are that they have extended the numbers out to give the ORAC values in a liter of mangosteen juice and then compared that to one ounce servings of other liquid antioxidant supplements. To get the true value per real one ounce serving, you would have to divide by 34, which takes you down to the 500-600 ORAC units per serving. Don’t get me wrong. I like mangosteen and included it in my Private Reserve superfood. I just don’t think it’s useful to exaggerate the numbers. And besides, as we discussed above, there are no health benefits to numbers over 3,000-5,000 ORAC per serving of a single antioxidant anyway.
* And when it comes to capsules, most capsules are 500 milligrams, which means it would take 56 capsules to equal a one-ounce serving of a food based source of the antioxidants. In other words, it would take over 200 capsules to give you the same volume as a 4 ounce serving of the same antioxidant rich whole food. That means the ORAC values in that capsule need to be better than 200 times more concentrated than the whole food to even give you an equivalent value, which indeed can be done since you are removing the water and fiber which have no ORAC value. Grape skin extract, for example, will have a much higher ORAC value than the actual whole grape skins (again because of the water and fiber), but this does not mean that from a cost, dose and/or serving size standpoint grape skin extract is necessarily superior. The Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act clearly states that all advertising and marketing should be “truthful” and “not misleading.” But keep in mind, there is the convenience factor. Isn’t it worth paying a premium just to be able to easily supplement with a full spectrum antioxidant that makes up for the fact that you aren't including all necessary beneficial foods in your daily diet?

Conclusion

So where does that leave us? Actually, this isn’t rocket science. Once you cut through the nonsense and outrageous claims, it’s very simple. You will never find a complete antioxidant in a single food, and you will probably never have enough variety in your diet on a regular basis to cover all of your antioxidant needs. Ninety-nine percent of all people will need to supplement. Make sure that when you do:

* It is a full-spectrum antioxidant formulation that covers the entire body and the whole gamut of free radicals.
* It uses only natural isolates -- no synthetics.
* It offers as complete a complex as you can get even when using isolates.
* It takes advantage of the synergistic effect that a number of the antioxidants share with each other, such as:
o Zeaxanthin and lutein reinforce each other.
o Curcumin and green tea reinforce each other.

Bottom line: A good antioxidant formula should play a key role in your health supplement regimen. Find a formula you like and use it daily

# # #
If you can pass out a trial pak and follow up a few days later, you can be successful in our business.
http://www.activlif.com/sheri
DallasMadole
Advanced Member

by cthompson » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:01 pm

http://www.noniresearch.org

http://www.noniisgoodforyou.com

http://www.tni.com/1933872

BUSINESS PLAN 1ST

if you add the http:// before the www. the link will be active, fixed it for you. I will look now.

What is the difference in the 4 companies, that are being mentioned whats the terms and conditions? The policy and procedures?

If, I was not in Vitmark I would look at these companies, but more important I would look very very closey at the P/P and consult with an attorney or a very trusted friend not connected.

So
here is a neutral question.

Which one makes it manditory to do autoship? Or lose the distributorship.

Which one says be at the function or lose the distributorship

Which one says your personal information can be sold?

SEE?

Who cares?
NO ONE DOES.

Until people wake up MLM will continue to screw people over.

Christina
Thank you for reading my profile.
http://www.christinathompson.com
cthompson
Advanced Member

by JamesLeong » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:05 pm

www.noniresearch.org

www.noniisgoodforyou.com

www.tni.com/1933872

BUSINESS PLAN 1ST

I think you may have to cut down on your noni intake... it may
be making you somewhat hyper[:p]

James
JamesLeong
Advanced Member

by cthompson » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:08 pm

Information from Other Sources: Tahitian Noni International does not solicit or receive information about its distributors and customers from any other sources.
Does Tahitian Noni International Share the Information It Collects?

Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others or sharing it in any way.

Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These entities have access to personal information only when needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.

Promotional Offers: We do not send offers to any Tahitian Noni International customers on behalf of other businesses.

This is GOOD
cthompson
Advanced Member

by cthompson » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:15 pm

Placement Sponsor - The distributor directly above you in your upline. This person may be your personal sponsor or another person, depending on the decision of your personal sponsor.

Preferred Customer Status (PFC) - A distributor who has not fulfilled the minimum activity requirement for an active distributor. A distributor on preferred customer status will be allowed to continue purchasing product at the wholesale price using their distributor ID number and will also receive the retail profit from customers who use the distributor’s ID number as the referring number when purchasing product. Preferred Customers are ineligible for commissions, bonuses, and sponsorship of new distributors. (See “Active Distributor” in this glossary section.)

This is GOOD too I copied it from the T.Noni
Last edited by cthompson on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cthompson
Advanced Member