An Info Trax Publication

MLM Companies and Opportunities

Discuss everything regarding MLM companies and opportunities
+ Reply to Post

3 Years & Growing

by Daniwalker » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:44 pm

To those looking for truth. No hype just real and raw truth.

What do you look for when choosing a network marketing business? Probably not prison sentences...

Just got done talking with Tom Mower Sr., owner of SISEL International. Yes, he's gone to prison for tax evasion http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_4336239 and guess what, I will still talk to him, do business with him & promote his vision and mission; because they meet my passion in life. :)

Tom & I, as well as his corporate team have become close friends over the last 2 years. I have taken many hits because I chose to represent a company with an owner who had gone to prison. I too was one of those pre-judge people. I drove 10 hours to meet a man I was sure was a fraud, dis-honest and full of #$@%. After 3 hours I found him to be just as likeable and forthcoming as Lem Clements has.

However, it was not Tom that convinced me to join....no, no, no. It was touring a real manufacturing facility. Seeing with my own eyes the products being made in a massive and extremely impressive pharmaceutical grade plant that produced products for 60+ other companies. You see, I was so tired of the hype, the false claims & misrepresentation that I was willing to go the extra mile to prove that SISEL was just another fluke. 400,000 square feet of facility a $100million + investment, proved me wrong!

I left that day with my passion for the industry re-ignited. Having seen a company that really made their own product, meeting a man with in-depth understanding of the nutrients in each product, how they worked and why, a man who chose to start over at retirement instead of give in to it. If I had built a company from 0 to $800,000,000 I can't say that my choice would be to do it all over again. As we drove away I could not think of a better person to partner with than someone who has been there, done it & knows the way.

Two years have passed & SISEL is growing while many other companies "restructure" or fold. Tom traveled the path once and in 3 years in business, SISEL has accomplished what took 20 years with Neways. I have come to see that the future of network marketing will be extremely solid and prosperous for a few companies built to weather the worst & conquer the best.

What are you looking for? A home...Did you really find it?
Daniwalker
Jr Member

Re: 3 Years & Growing

by cruisin_man » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Tax Evasion is pretty serious stuff.

As the sharks in shark tank would say - "I'm Out" . . .

However - seek your dreams, if for nothing else - because you can.
2013 is on . . .
cruisin_man
Advanced Member

by SMLR » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:23 am

Mr. Jack and Miss Dani,

I had the opportunity to chat with Mr. Tom Mower, SR also. He is very open and forthright about all the circumstances of his conviction. In fact, the word "conviction" describes Mr. Tom Mower, SR. He is cut from a cloth not seen in several generations of our society, John Wayne, Ronald Regan, Thomas Jefferson were cut from this cloth. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Tom Mower, SR as most of the members here already know.

Sisel is destined to be one of the great MLM companies of this century. But It will take 12-20 years. The companies listed below are between 25-80 years old and I'll bet there are 1 or 2 that not many have heard of. They are the TOP 10 Companies in the world, ranked by income. Mr. Tom Mower, SR understands that greatness takes time, requires "owning and overseeing the manufacturing of company products" AND TAKING CARE OF HIS SALESPEOPLE, the distributor. So don't look for Sisel International to be in the TOP 10 in the short term, but I do believe we, will be in the Top 5 in 10-15 years.......and guess what I'll be in my late 20's or early 30's, enjoying residual income...and still in Sisel, God willing.

Here are the Top 10 Direct Selling Companies in the world:
1. Avon Products Inc.
Sales: $10.3 billion
2. Amway
Sales: $8.4 billion
3. Vorwerk & Co. KG
Sales: $3.58 billion
4. Mary Kay Inc.
Sales: $2.5 billion
5. Natura Cosmeticos SA
Sales: $2.4 billion
6. Herbalife Ltd.
Sales: $2.3 billion
7. Primerica
Sales: $2.2 billion
8. Tupperware Brands Corp.
Sales: $2.1 billion
9. Oriflame Kosmetiek B.V.
Sales: $1.8 billion
10. Forever Living Products*
Sales: $1.7 billion

So where do you see your "main" MLM in the next 10, 20, 30 years? Remember Ross Perot's quote, "Measure Twice and Cut Once". How many times will you re-start a new "main" MLM business in the next 15 years?
"Grow your relationships, the business will take care of itself"

MLM.com's Youngest Member

Sean Ruhlman
http://ThePricelessMemory.com
SMLR

by RichardBerger » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 am

Tax evasion would be the least of my worries when it comes to the Mowers.
RichardBerger
Advanced Member

by MLMJack » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:50 am

Sean, it this your first MLM?

SMLR wrote:Mr. Jack and Miss Dani,

I had the opportunity to chat with Mr. Tom Mower, SR also. He is very open and forthright about all the circumstances of his conviction. In fact, the word "conviction" describes Mr. Tom Mower, SR. He is cut from a cloth not seen in several generations of our society, John Wayne, Ronald Regan, Thomas Jefferson were cut from this cloth. I have a lot of respect for Mr. Tom Mower, SR as most of the members here already know.

Sisel is destined to be one of the great MLM companies of this century. But It will take 12-20 years. The companies listed below are between 25-80 years old and I'll bet there are 1 or 2 that not many have heard of. They are the TOP 10 Companies in the world, ranked by income. Mr. Tom Mower, SR understands that greatness takes time, requires "owning and overseeing the manufacturing of company products" AND TAKING CARE OF HIS SALESPEOPLE, the distributor. So don't look for Sisel International to be in the TOP 10 in the short term, but I do believe we, will be in the Top 5 in 10-15 years.......and guess what I'll be in my late 20's or early 30's, enjoying residual income...and still in Sisel, God willing.

So where do you see your "main" MLM in the next 10, 20, 30 years? Remember Ross Perot's quote, "Measure Twice and Cut Once". How many times will you re-start a new "main" MLM business in the next 15 years?
MLMJack
Advanced Member

by cruisin_man » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 pm

SMLR wrote:
I had the opportunity to chat with Mr. Tom Mower, SR also.

He is cut from a cloth not seen in several generations of our society, John Wayne, Ronald Regan, Thomas Jefferson were cut from this cloth.

Tom has no where near the integrity or stature of those mentioned above . . .

Not even on the same planet.
2013 is on . . .
cruisin_man
Advanced Member

by SMLR » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:18 pm

RichardBerger wrote:Tax evasion would be the least of my worries when it comes to the Mowers.

@ Mr. Richard Berger - OK, I'll bite. What are your concerns about the Mowers?

Sean Ruhlman
SMLR

by SMLR » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:51 pm

MLMJack wrote:Sean, it this your first MLM?

Yes, it is my first "real" MLM. I am a member of GVO-conference, but I use the the service during the school year to tutor algebra II and Calculus to other students. I have never marketed the GVO product other than links and banners on my websites. I do actively market the Sisel Products and partner with new associates.

Recently, (June 7th), Mr. Michael Yanke allowed me to become part of LifeShare International through my LLC. I am actively marketing our photo-cards and business opportunity. I feel LifeShare is an excellent fit for my generation's parents, which is beginning to allow me to gain acceptance as a business person, instead of a kid trying to "sell something".

All three companies have great products, LifeShare and Sisel, both have recession proof products that are used everyday by "retail" customers. The way I see it, if a company offers a true "retail" product which customers desire and can afford, there will always be associates willing to join your business and market the product. It's the companies that market the product as the " vehicle " to drive a "buyer's club" MLM that I worry about.

Sean Ruhlman
SMLR

by RichardBerger » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:01 am

SMLR wrote:
RichardBerger wrote:Tax evasion would be the least of my worries when it comes to the Mowers.

@ Mr. Richard Berger - OK, I'll bite. What are your concerns about the Mowers?

A couple of concerns come to mind. First the mowers manipulated the comp plan, creating multiple positions for themselves taking millions of dollars out of the comp plan. They also stole an entire line from a distributor, the distributor had to sue and they ended settling out of court.
RichardBerger
Advanced Member

by Steve_Fazia » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:18 am

Sean,

I admire your long term vision at such a young age. Your aptitude for this industry is much greater than many others I've witnessed over the years (the past 30 to be exact). I wish you nothing but the best.

Unfortunately, what Mr. Berger relates validates what I know of Mr. M's past. One of the top earners in Neways lived 10 minutes from me, and was part of my Sterling Health organization in the mid-90s. She had some of her own problems with the Mowers. Sadly, these kind of things happen far too frequently in network marketing companies. Greed takes over and ruins otherwise good people. I've heard it said that 'ambition will drive you, greed will kill you'.

Bottom line is buyer beware. Give it all you've got if you truly believe; but recognize that the bubble may burst anytime for any of us (myself included). Keep your options open, keep soaking up all the knowledge and wisdom you can. Success is a journey, one that you have embarked upon many years earlier than your peers for sure!

Steve Fazia
INTEGRATIVE HEALTH RESOURCES
"Good Health Is NOT Expensive, It's Priceless!"
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

by used2roof » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:59 am

Sean
I admire your loyalty. It is something rarely seen anymore. That along with the desire to help others and provide for your own financial freedom will carry you far in your career.
That being said , if you want to get involved with a company that requires buying no inventory and pays out 100% commissions paid daily, I would love to help.
Sincerely,
Gary Haden
used2roof

by Brent_W » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:43 am

used2roof wrote:Sean
I admire your loyalty. It is something rarely seen anymore. That along with the desire to help others and provide for your own financial freedom will carry you far in your career.
That being said , if you want to get involved with a company that requires buying no inventory and pays out 100% commissions paid daily, I would love to help.
Sincerely,
Gary Haden

LOL...serious? Sounds like a spam/recruiting post if
I've EVER seen one.

And no company pays out 100%...maybe 100% of a volume
amount, but never 100% of total.

Brent
P90X - Get paid promoting health and fitness with products like P90X, Insanity, Shakeology, and more with Team Beachbody
Brent_W
Advanced Member

by used2roof » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Hello Brent
Well you are partly right but also partly wrong. Yes I am recruiting because I have a business I am passionate about because it makes me a good living but more important than that is that I spent the 1st fifty years of my life poor as dirt and know how that feels. That is what makes me want to help others who are in the same shape I was then.
Now as far as the "partly wrong" part. This company does pay out 100% commissions and I will show you if interested. Email me: EDITED:Please Review Forum Guidelines.

Sincerely
Gary Haden
used2roof

by Chris_Doyle » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:23 pm

I've been reading some of Sean's posts on here, remarkable maturity for one who is only 16. I was just wondering though, is there a minimum age to be a distributor in the USA? I'm pretty sure over here in the UK there is a minimum age of 18, just wondered if younger people could join MLM companies over in the States?

Chris
Chris_Doyle
Advanced Member

by jeff_t » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Don't quite me here Chris but, certain companies may have a provision that allows for underage distributors to sign up (maybe with parental consent) I Think this is what happened in Sean's case could be wrong.
jeff_t
Jr Member

by SMLR » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Chris_Doyle wrote:I've been reading some of Sean's posts on here, remarkable maturity for one who is only 16. I was just wondering though, is there a minimum age to be a distributor in the USA? I'm pretty sure over here in the UK there is a minimum age of 18, just wondered if younger people could join MLM companies over in the States?

Chris

Mr. Chris - It was a little bit harder for me to do at 15 (I just turned 16) to find the right companies, right sponsor and get company approval. I was very, very fortunate for Mr. Bob Kononiuk to help me become a part of LifeShare International and his team. I believe he will tell you that we dotted the "i's" and crossed the "t's". With Bob's help I was able to speak with the CEO, Mr. Michael Yanke, and convince him that I was serious. This wouldn't have happened without the direct help of Mr. Bob Kononiuk and the new member staff at LifeShare (Erin and Zack). I am sure that Mr. Bob Kononiuk, Erin, Zack and Mr. Michael Yanke will tell you that my parents, (though very supportive), were not involved in "getting me set up in LifeShare". It was my decision, my bank card, my autoship and the help of those four individuals.

Should any of you ever desire to enjoy a great sponsor, my upline in both LifeShare and Sisel are incredible! I can't thank Mr. Bob Kononiuk enough for all his help and mentoring.

Mr. Chris, I actually think my businesses mean just a little more to me because of I had to work a little harder to be and continue to be accepted because of my age. I get the feeling from some people that join, is an attitude of "it's just a little business we do" and they don't take it seriously enough. I'm beginning to see that most people have messed up view of "failure". Failure isn't a bad thing! Failures usually pave the way to success. "Failure" is proof that you are trying to do something. Anyone can sit on the sidelines and tell you why you won't succeed at something, but most are speaking from the experience of "not trying" or "only trying it once or twice". Imagine how many people would be still crawling if their parents quit trying to teach their kids to walk after the kid failed to walk his first or second try???? That alone should be our first life lesson. The second is, some kids walk in 6-8 months, others 8-12, and others 12-24. So lesson #2 is, "You can't measure success in "time limits". Lesson 3 is set goals, goals encourage a faster path from initial failure to future success .

Can anyone name that segue....or how I got from joining an MLM at 15 to Life lessons? I was going to delete it....but maybe it will encourage someone, some how.

Needless to say, I appreciate my businesses, the people that helped make it possible and pray I will be able to do the same for others in the future.

Sean Ruhlman
SMLR

by Mike_Michelozzi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 am

"Failure" is proof that you are trying to do something. Anyone can sit on the sidelines and tell you why you won't succeed at something, but most are speaking from the experience of "not trying" or "only trying it once or twice". Sean

You empower yourself and take what all the sideliners tell you as motivation to be successful, especially the cynical, skeptical, just sayin ones. All they know are their own biases and you don't need theirs to tell you of yours.

Fail smart.

HikinMike
Mike_Michelozzi
Advanced Member

by SMLR » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 pm

@Mr. Mike - I'm still trying to digest the quote below, could you go in to a little more depth? It reminds me of how perplexed I was when I first heard and read the quote from Nicodemus in the Bible (John 3:4). I have always pondered how or from what point a view Nicodemus had ask that question. (From a child's point of view, as a skeptic, as a straight forward observation, satirically,) ....

Help me out here if you would.....or should my question be, "How do I recognize my own biases that hinder my growth or movement forward."

Mike_Michelozzi wrote: All they know are their own biases and you don't need theirs to tell you of yours.

Fail smart.

HikinMike

Sean Ruhlman
SMLR

by MLMJack » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:06 pm

SMLR wrote:@Mr. Mike - I'm still trying to digest the quote below, could you go in to a little more depth? It reminds me of how perplexed I was when I first heard and read the quote from Nicodemus in the Bible (John 3:4). I have always pondered how or from what point a view Nicodemus had ask that question. (From a child's point of view, as a skeptic, as a straight forward observation, satiricaly...

Nicodemus was a Pharisee and member of the Sanhedrin. He was obviously sincere ( cross out "skeptic") as he first visited Jesus under cover of night ( possibly out of fear of the Jews).It seems clear to me that he was asking how one could be "born again" simply as a desire to understand, no satire intended. We really know little, however, as he is only mentioned in John's gospel.

We do know that over 2 years later when the Pharisees sent men to apprehend of Jesus, Nicodemus came to his defense (John 7: 45-52). After Jesus' death Nicodemus accompanied Joseph of Arimathea to prepare Jesus' body for burial.

No scripture supports the tradition that he became a Christian, but it is clear that he was not a skeptic.

Sean, you seem to exhibit that same sincerity when asking questions on this forum.
( Although, I must admit some skepticism that you are only 16 based on the caliber of some of your posts. ;) )
MLMJack
Advanced Member

by SMLR » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:25 pm

MLMJack wrote:

Sean, you seem to exhibit that same sincerity when asking questions on this forum.
( Although, I must admit some skepticism that you are only 16 based on the caliber of some of your posts. ;) )

Mr. Jack - If I had a dime for every time someone said "this isn't you" I could pre-pay most MLM's initial fees and the max auto ship for 2 years. (lol)

You are from the New York area, correct? Are you familiar with Lionel on WPIX http://www.wpix.com/videobeta/4c21499c-f1b6-4bf8-b83a-bb27232d8a11/News/Lionel-War-is-a-racket-? He has become a friend over the last 5 years, he knows me, personally and yes at age 10-11 he would accuse me of being older. Although our viewpoints are opposed on so many levels, there is a true affinity in our relationship. On the forum here, Mr. Bob Kononiuk could verify I am 16. Also, in the next week or so, my best friend Zack Clark and I will be driving to Orlando to meet with Mr. Donald Gadson, Jr (donaldG on the forum) http://www.donaldgadsonjr.com/ to pick his brain in a lunch meeting in July (two weeks).

I am not a unique 16 year old, just a little more "thirsty" then some. I can't remember if it is Plato and Socrates, where Socrates held Plato underwater as Plato struggled to not drown, when Socrates let him up, he told Plato that "You must desire knowledge as much as you desire air". Believe it or not, many 13-17 year olds have a desire to learn, there's just no one that wants to teach or train them....so they merge into the "common place" of society, thinking M-TV life is the norm. ( a scary thought). Even worse are the immensely sheltered, home-schooled Christian Kids in my generation that regurgitate unquestioned traditions, most not understanding that Jesus "accepted people where they were at, not where he wanted them to be", instead it seems they follow the course of mindless, "righteous indignation".

OK, I'm off the pulpit.....

Mr. Jack, I'll be in the New York area when they put the Christmas tree up in Rockefeller Center, let's have lunch!

Best regards,

Sean
http://Just4eKids.com/old First website
http://Just4eKids.com (not updated in the last year)(too busy)

Sean Ruhlman
SMLR