An Info Trax Publication

MLM Companies and Opportunities

Discuss everything regarding MLM companies and opportunities
+ Reply to Post

Shaklee Vs. Sisel International

by [[erika]] » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:45 am

Hey there everyone once again :)

Well i have looked at two companies which I love their products, compensation plan and their management team. One of them is Shaklee.

Shaklee has been around since 1956 which means they are staying here and not going anywhere. So of course they have great management team if they have been around for that long they should be doing something right. Also a lot of people like their products, they are half the price as of those from Amway which I like. Now their compensation plan is kind of impressive, i think they just launched a fast track which seems pretty good. The compensation plan seems fair and focuses in distributors and the customers.

Another company which I really liked too is Sisel International. The owner Tom Mower and his son found this company in the endings of 2006. Tom invested $100 million from his pocket to build Sisel's Manufacture Facility which means they are producing their own products. Also as for to this date Sisel has opened their opportunity in 21 countries. In 2008 Sisel launched in the United States. Tom has been experienced in Network Marketing for about 20 years. He builted Neways then sold it. Sisel has various products which I like, their compensation plan is a hybrid of a unilevel with 5 different ways to start a business. One small concern I have about Tom is that he was sentenced 33 months in jail for tax invasion. What do you guys think about this? Other than that I think Sisel is a great opportunity that will stay here. They seem to have a bright future.

Still looking for my opportunity I really like these two companies. Feedback about these two companies will be appreciated. :)
My team has created more leaders and top earners than any other team in our Company. Would you be one of them? http://www.networkwireless.mylightyear.net
Visit my Blog
www.erikasoloresblog.wordpress.com
Erika Samperio
[[erika]]

Re: Shaklee Vs. Sisel International

by Tsnyder » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Of the two I'd choose Shaklee.
If you knew what I know you'd be doing what I do...
This is what I do...
Tsnyder
Advanced Member

by JNaPier » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:38 pm

I know someone who is well connected with 1 of the 2 companies....

I'd go with Shaklee.

JN
Facebook + Webinar + $1.97 per month = Viral Success for Your Business
Meet Cheap
JNaPier
Advanced Member

by CoachManny » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:20 am

Shaklee
Get $6,107 of Marketing Firepower for FREE
http://www.ibourl.com/1v1g
CoachManny
Advanced Member

by Steve_Fazia » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:29 am

Shaklee by a nose. Although there are some intriguing aspects to Sisel, there's always going to be that Mower 'cloud' hanging over you. Talk to Roy Hancock or Bob Gallo (where has he been?) from this forum for further insight.

Oh, and what happened to that 16 year old kid promoting Sisel here earlier in the year? He seems to have vanished :o

Steve
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

by [[erika]] » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:40 am

Steve I found the kid hope he Pm's me back :). I think Im going to Sisel. Thanks i really like almost everything from them.
My team has created more leaders and top earners than any other team in our Company. Would you be one of them? http://www.networkwireless.mylightyear.net
Visit my Blog
Erika Samperio
[[erika]]

by Gery_D » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:49 pm

It's unfortunate but in an industry such as this trust is such a huge issue. . It will take quite a bit of show for Mr. Mower to establish credibility in the eyes of many who have been in MLM for a long time. I really hope that comes to pass. Should it not, thousands will have been duped by another dog an pony show. In fact, if the company doesn't work quickly to stem some of the promotions I've seen, regulators are sure to turn Sisel into Fizzle, as they can do with any company just by stopping any momentum with a simple sanction dragged out over an extended period. I'm not saying they will but it could happen. It could even happen to Shaklee if they found a weak link, however their size financial position would allow them a better chance of overcoming a challenge.

We are on the cusp of watching a new surge of regulatory agency activity come about. It will focus on internet marketing, virtual products and health related MLM companies. Due to numerous complaints regarding some past wireless scams, the telecommunications field may also come under scrutiny All I can suggest is to be sure you are aligned with the right folks.
Gery DiMarco
Could you be our NEXT It Works! Wrapreneur?

Email Marketing helps YOUR marketing? Click the Globe Button under my picture for a FREE 30 Day Trial.
Gery_D
Advanced Member

by [[erika]] » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Gery_D wrote:It's unfortunate but in an industry such as this trust is such a huge issue. . It will take quite a bit of show for Mr. Mower to establish credibility in the eyes of many who have been in MLM for a long time. I really hope that comes to pass. Should it not, thousands will have been duped by another dog an pony show. In fact, if the company doesn't work quickly to stem some of the promotions I've seen, regulators are sure to turn Sisel into Fizzle, as they can do with any company just by stopping any momentum with a simple sanction dragged out over an extended period. I'm not saying they will but it could happen. It could even happen to Shaklee if they found a weak link, however their size financial position would allow them a better chance of overcoming a challenge.

We are on the cusp of watching a new surge of regulatory agency activity come about. It will focus on internet marketing, virtual products and health related MLM companies. Due to numerous complaints regarding some past wireless scams, the telecommunications field may also come under scrutiny All I can suggest is to be sure you are aligned with the right folks.

Thanks for the feedback :) and what kind of promotions are you talking about?
Visit my Blog
Erika Samperio
[[erika]]

by Jerry77 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Is it too late to still build a big business at Shaklee??? Opinions? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
GOD IS GOOD!!!!
Jerry77
Advanced Member

by TheHempSolution » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Shaklee is pretty good, my mom used to be a distributor for them, but frankly I feel that it is somewhat hard to be successful. I was talking to someone recently who had some kind of problem with the compensation plan, that made her lose a lot of money. However, technically I've been taking the products since I was a small child, so I do have some connection with the company :)
Learn all about the advantages of hemp protein over other types of protein at my Squdioo page!
TheHempSolution
Advanced Member

by Gery_D » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:41 am

Jerry77 wrote:Is it too late to still build a big business at Shaklee??? Opinions? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

It's never too late to build a business in any legitimate company. It may be more difficult in some than others but someone with the right metal or in the right niche may overcome that with a little extra effort.
Gery DiMarco

Email Marketing helps YOUR marketing? Click the Globe Button under my picture for a FREE 30 Day Trial.
Gery_D
Advanced Member

by robf1 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:08 am

I thought Mower was doing time..... :o .
robf1
Advanced Member

by RoyHancock » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:31 am

Thanks for the vote of confidence in Shaklee and in me and Bob.

And, as Gery said, it is never too late to build a business with a legitimate company that has good management and real products. Too many people think that if you don't get in early the day of opportunity will come and go. That is probably based on the idea that company momentum that comes generally only once will be a big part in building your business. I will take reps any way I can but I think that more attrition comes from a downline built in company momentum than otherwise. I was involved in that once and you would be surprised how many people signed up after seeing a check and thinking that by signing up something would happen. Of course it didn't and attrition happened. I am a believer that a more solid business can be built without company momentum and by building momentum in our group whether anyone else in the company is in momentum or not. There are many examples of this over the years. Most notably is a guy that started his Watkins business in 1990 (122 years after it was formed in 1868) and now has the largest group in Watkins. But this is different? No it is not. It's just a matter of mindset.
RoyHancock
Advanced Member

by Gery_D » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:24 pm

robf1 wrote:I thought Mower was doing time..... :o .

Tom Sr. received a sentence of 33 month prison confinement followed by 36 months of supervised release. I believe the sentence started with his reporting to prison in Nov. of '06. Mrs. Mower's sentence was 6 months less than his. Both were required to pay fines in excess of $50K each.

Old news. Life goes on. We'll see what happens from here.
Gery DiMarco

Gery_D
Advanced Member

by Letitia » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Tsnyder wrote:Of the two I'd choose Shaklee.

I agree with Terry. I looked at Shaklee a while back for some supplements, they seem to have a pretty good line, but I never got around to looking at the compensation plan.

Good Luck with whichever one you choose =)
Letitia
Jr Member

by MLMBlog » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Let me start by saying that I am obviously biased, but I am not far removed from being a Network Marketer on the open market without a company.

I joined Shaklee in February after looking at over 60 companies and speaking to the CEO/Owner of over a dozen. There are several reasons why our team chose Shaklee:

1. Longevity and Security - Shaklee has been around for over 50 years and there are families with 5 generations of six-figure earners.

2. NEW compensation plan launched on October of 2010. There is a real blueprint for earning 6-figures in 12-15 months with cash bonuses, trips and car payments. My whole family and about 50 of my downline just got back from an all-expense paid trip to the Bahamas and my wife and I went (along with 3 downline couples) to Bora Bora in September (the rooms alone were $1800 oer night). We stayed at the Four Seasons...an amazing trip. I have multiple teams in my downline who have earned over $34,000 in cash bonuses (actually paid out, not just a 2 x 7 foot pretend check). Next years trips are to the Mayan Riviera and and African Safari in Kenya.

3. Products: Over $250 million in research, over 100 peer reviewed published papers and over 60 patents.

4. There are teams (ours included) that are absolutely rocking Shaklee with start-up like growth.

After narrowing our search down to and meeting with 4 companies, Shaklee was the obvious choice.

Warmest -

Ty Tribble
MLMBlog
Advanced Member