An Info Trax Publication

MLM Companies and Opportunities

Discuss everything regarding MLM companies and opportunities
+ Reply to Post

The Gift Card Club Inc. Starts New MLM!

by redwhite35 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:36 pm

We are a mail-order company that today has decided to start a new MLM program. If you would like more details call me:

(954)537-1507
Michael
President
The Gift Card Club Inc.
A Dun And Bradstreet Registered Company

Since we are not international, we will not have a website at the beginning. We will continue to do everything for now using the mail-order industry and are only for U.S. members at this time. Once you become a member of the program, you can order our gift cards at a 25% discount. We have $25, $50, and $100 gift cards available and can be redeemed at our product display website. We have over 10,000 different products to choose from. The products range from novelty type items to special occassion gifts and electronics. We also have aromatherapy products along with bed and bath. Basically something for everyone. Members could even resell the gift card and pocket the difference. Example: reselling the $100 cards can make you $25 each and you get paid up-front! We as a company will handle all the products, you only focus on getting new members or reselling the cards. Call me for more details thanks.
redwhite35
Advanced Member

Re: The Gift Card Club Inc. Starts New MLM!

by Gery_D » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:41 pm

We are a mail-order company that today has decided to start a new MLM program. If you would like more details call me:

(954)537-1507
Michael
President
The Gift Card Club Inc.
A Dun And Bradstreet Registered Company

Since we are not international, we will not have a website at the beginning. We will continue to do everything for now using the mail-order industry and are only for U.S. members at this time. Once you become a member of the program, you can order our gift cards at a 25% discount. We have $25, $50, and $100 gift cards available and can be redeemed at our product display website. We have over 10,000 different products to choose from. The products range from novelty type items to special occassion gifts and electronics. We also have aromatherapy products along with bed and bath. Basically something for everyone. Members could even resell the gift card and pocket the difference. Example: reselling the $100 cards can make you $25 each and you get paid up-front! We as a company will handle all the products, you only focus on getting new members or reselling the cards. Call me for more details thanks.

I'd recommend looking at this long and hard, if you haven't already, Michael. Selling giftcards redeemable later for a company's merchandise is awfully close to coupon marketing which has been part of the shut down reasons for a few companies like International Heritage and others.

A company with no website in this day and age, despite the reasoning of not being international would make me nervous on two fronts. Why wouldn't a company automate part of its operation to reduce cash outlay and second, not having the ability to handle at least a portion of my business online increases my own costs and minimizes my profits. Do you follow my thinking?

No admin site but a product display site? Doesn't sound right to me. The only other thing that would make me more concerned would be if you were registered off shore. Maybe I'm being overly cautious, Michael, but it seems I've seen these set up with good intentions in the past and run into legal problems which can be and do get rectified but the cost of doing so cripples the company, reps bail and things fold with a bunch of people left holding unredeemable cards.

Have you had your plan reviewed by MLM legal experts or had any input on setting up a software program to administrate your business? It would be worth it in the long run.
Gery DiMarco
Could you be our NEXT It Works! Wrapreneur?

Email Marketing helps YOUR marketing? Click the Globe Button under my picture for a FREE 30 Day Trial.
Gery_D
Advanced Member

by redwhite35 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:03 am

We have done business successfully off the internet. The company is registerd with Dun and Bradstreet and we do not need a website to run the business. A website would only bring more problems for a small mail-order type company that could only tailor to US members. We plan to go online once we are ready to go international and can meet the demand. We do not need complicated software systems, as what we have in place can handle the payplan just fine. We can not be considered another coupon program, because what we are selling is a membership, not the gift cards itself. The membership you are buying will enable you to buy our gift cards at a 25% discount. We reward you for telling others about the membership, not for buying gift cards and there are no monthly dues or obligations once you join. There is nothing illegal about paying a one-time fee to join a club in order to get discounts from what the club is all about, which in this case is gift cards. The gift cards are not certificates, they are real gift cards that look like credit cards which can be redeemed at our Gift Card Redemption Website. They can also be resold for a profit. The reason we don't give that website out is because if you go there, you will be paying full price for the gift cards themselves. If you want the site, I have no problem in giving it to anyone. You will see real products and real gift cards you can buy, but only as a member can you get the discount that we are offering. I can not speak for the other businesses, as I do not know what the business model was, but I can speak for mine and I tell you that what we have in place is a great concept. You are not being paid to buy gift cards, you are being paid to find others who want to become a member and get the discount that we offer. As far as marketing, once you become a member you get the camera-ready materials you will need to market the program. This can be done through the mail, at local shops, by showing it to friends, etc... Our goal is to help our members save as much money on shopping as possible. Simple program, simple concept, and easy way to market. You do not need to be online to be successful. Mail may be slower, but it's very effective for new companies.
redwhite35
Advanced Member

by redwhite35 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:14 pm

For those that called me wanting to see the website to the product here you go:

http://www.parexellencegifts.com

Sorry it took so long, I have mailed you the information packets. This site is for browsing and buying the products, and ordering giftcards only! If you contact the site they will not knwo about the MLM side of what we are doing. They only handle customer service.

Thanks,

Michael
redwhite35
Advanced Member