Off Topic- Non Industry Related Topics

Chat about Non-Industry Related Topics
+ Reply to Post

Danny Gokey

by RoyHancock » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbh43MGoigw

Words can't even begin to express what this song means to me. From the first time I heard Vince Gill sing it, I knew I wanted to record my own version of it. Its simple yet profound, and when I looked into the history of the song, I found that it was written by African slaves in centuries past who had clung to the only hope of mankind, Jesus. They may have had nothing to show for on this earth, but they had eternity secured. It seems with all the comforts, freedoms and technological advancements that our modern day has to offer that we have everything that could possibly make us happy. But it's only made us shallow, grow further apart, and unhappy. Whether you have everything or whether have nothing, Jesus is the "secret" that allows you to be exuberantly happy in either scenario. Why do we think that we can gain an amazing life doing things our own way?? God has made it clear that the most abundant, fulfilling, incredible, amazing and adventurous life is found in Jesus. Just like this song says: "You can have all this world, just give me Jesus.
Colossians 2:3- In Jesus lie all the hidden treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
RoyHancock
Advanced Member

Re: Danny Gokey

by emmybecca » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:13 pm

It is truly a soulful song. Listening to songs like these can give you goosebumps and let
you grow you interest in god even more. I have been thanking god for everything he has
given me. He filled my life with joys through my dad. The biggest blessing of god is my
dad. Has been my support system from the start.Being the only parent to the 3 of us. It
must have been tough for him. So i am gonna do something for him this father's day. I am gonna make this day the most
memorable day of his life.

Edited to fit Forum Guidelines
emmybecca

Re: Danny Gokey

by Kobosolo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:09 pm

I'm ready to share this wonderful conversation.
Kobosolo