General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

Your First Year in Your MLM Business

by chuckholmes » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Your first year in any business is hard, really hard! Most businesses in the real world don't survive their first year.

I've found that the first year in your network marketing business is when you are busy figuring everything out. You're learning about your products, your company, the industry and most importantly yourself. You're struggling to keep your head above water.

Don't have expectations that you will get rich your first year! Most business owners I know of don't expect to make ONE DOLLAR of profit their first year in business. Yet people in our industry complain when they aren't making money in their first month or two. I just don't get it.

The beauty of network marketing is that the overhead and start-up costs are very low, so you can be profitable from your first month. But even if it takes you a few months to break even, you're doing better than most business owners in the traditional business world.

Surviving the first year is more than half the battle. Get in, get started and never look back.

What about you? What was your experience like your first year in network marketing?
chuckholmes
Advanced Member

Re: Your First Year in Your MLM Business

by Barefootpainting » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:59 pm

I just got an email response today from someone asking why they did not make any money yet...They had literally just joined about a day before and claimed they shared their link and people saw it!

I had some success and lots of money spent my first year(s) online, though it was those successes that showed me it could be done if I refused to quit and kept learning from my mistakes and adjusting accordingly.

Most overnight successes take many years of hard work which puts them at the right place at the right time!
Are you ready to shrink your gut and fatten your wallet while growing your subscriber list to 50,000 members? Just click here>> "Now Lifestyle"
Barefootpainting

by Steve_Fazia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:30 pm

My largest monthly check in my very first company was about $750. But it showed me the possibilities with network marketing! Went in the hole with my second company, but the product line was out of my comfort zone. By my third company which was about 5 years into my NM career, finally started earning multiple thousands$ consistently. Took some lumps along the way, but I'm so glad I stuck around :)

Steve
Steve_Fazia
Advanced Member

by chuckholmes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Barefootpainting wrote:I just got an email response today from someone asking why they did not make any money yet...They had literally just joined about a day before and claimed they shared their link and people saw it!

I had some success and lots of money spent my first year(s) online, though it was those successes that showed me it could be done if I refused to quit and kept learning from my mistakes and adjusting accordingly.

Most overnight successes take many years of hard work which puts them at the right place at the right time!

Exactly. I call it the story behind the story. I really don't know any entrepreneur in any industry who is an overnight success story. Everyone I talked to and know took at least five to ten YEARS to really master their craft and become successful. It's nothing more than the 10,000 hour rule at work.
chuckholmes
Advanced Member

by chuckholmes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Steve_Fazia wrote:My largest monthly check in my very first company was about $750. But it showed me the possibilities with network marketing! Went in the hole with my second company, but the product line was out of my comfort zone. By my third company which was about 5 years into my NM career, finally started earning multiple thousands$ consistently. Took some lumps along the way, but I'm so glad I stuck around :)

Steve

Lumps are good. We learn a lot from it. This industry is great, but most people don't have the vision or mental toughness to stick it out. It's the same reason most businesses fail and most salespeople quit their commission only jobs rather quickly.
chuckholmes
Advanced Member