General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

The 80-19-1 Formula

by chuckholmes » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:41 am

This is a concept I learned online a few years ago. I’m not even sure where I heard it from.

The principle states that you should spend 80% of your time prospecting, retailing and recruiting, 19% of your time training your team and 1% of your time putting out fires as they arise.

Most people in our industry are horrible at managing their time. Keep in mind that prospecting and recruiting are your two most important tasks until you have your key leaders in place.

Just because “you work the business” does not mean you are being productive. However many hours you work your business each week, make sure at least 80% of those hours are on prospecting, retailing and recruiting.

Do that and your business will grow. Don’t do it and you will become a statistic.

What are your thoughts? How do you spend your time?
chuckholmes
Advanced Member

Re: The 80-19-1 Formula

by Barefootpainting » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Sort of like the 80-20 or 90-10 rule as well with what is bringing in the most of the sales...even if we do 80% of our time recruiting and building our teams, likely of that only 20% of those we sponsor...or even less will be the ones responsible for most of the commissions and profits we make.
Are you ready to shrink your gut and fatten your wallet while growing your subscriber list to 50,000 members? Just click here>> "Now Lifestyle"
Barefootpainting

Re: The 80-19-1 Formula

by chuckholmes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Barefootpainting wrote:Sort of like the 80-20 or 90-10 rule as well with what is bringing in the most of the sales...even if we do 80% of our time recruiting and building our teams, likely of that only 20% of those we sponsor...or even less will be the ones responsible for most of the commissions and profits we make.

Yes, and I believe the 90-10 rule is more realistic than the 80-20 rule, based on my own experience.
chuckholmes
Advanced Member