General MLM Industry Related Topics

Discuss any MLM topics that are not better suited to one of the other forums
+ Reply to Post

What to Do at the Flamingo Beach?

by necktie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:20 pm

Apart from watching the playful flamingos, you can enjoy the beach for an entire day. Flamingo Beach is a full-service beach (with chairs, towels, bar, restaurant, bathrooms etc). You can pay for everything in both Dollars and local currency – Florin.

Opening hours of the Renaissance Private Island
The island is open from 7 am to 6 pm, but once a week you can also have a romantic dinner starting at 7 pm. You can pre-book the dinner at the reception. And trust me, it’s worth it. Even if you’re not a couple you’re going to have a great time.There is a small vending machine that sells food for the flamingos. The machine takes only US quarters. It’s much easier to tempt the flamingos with food on your hand, but if you arrive too late, they might simply ignore you. In the end, they’re still wild animals that do their own thing as they please. So don’t be disappointed if your pink friends walk away instead of posing for you Disclaimer: Recently every news site has featured my photo with the flamingos, misquoting me and basing entire articles on assumptions that the flamingos are kept captive on the island and die of malnutrition. I wanted to set the record straight. Flamingos living on the Renaissance Private Island came there on their on 15 years ago. One flamingo actually left the island and one died because of his age. The current inhabitants aren’t in captivity. They also live in their natural environment – the mangroves. In fact, last year there were more flamingos on the island because some others came to visit and stayed for some time. While beaches are what the majority of tourists come to Aruba, the island has way more to offer. Aruba is also home to colorful flora & fauna, Imagemysterious caves, a diverse landscape & rich history.

Fortunately for me, because I was staying at the Renaissance Hotel I experience Aruba thanks to the Global Day of Discovery. Every year in May, each Renaissance property arranges a special activity for all their guests to experience ‘business unusual’ trips. This past year Renaissance Aruba took me to Arikok National Park for a morning hike, followed by a delicious local breakfast.

This massive park is 21 square miles, about 18% of the island. Arikok is full of cacti on rough terrain and it’s home to Aruban rattlesnakes, parakeets, whiptail lizards, iguanas, goats, donkeys & migratory birds.

Arikok also gives you a chance to see the island’s earliest inhabitants’ marks left in the Fontein and Gaudirikiri caves. The drawings are at least 1000 years old and some say they resemble an image of Madonna.

A typical hike there lasts for around 2 hours, but I’d say it’s easy enough for everyone. At the end of the hike, you can also see a replica of a traditional Aruban house, as the original has been destroyed by a hurricane.
necktie

Re: What to Do at the Flamingo Beach?

by larrykclark » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:07 am

necktie wrote:Apart from watching the playful flamingos, you can enjoy the beach for an entire day. Flamingo Beach is a full-service beach (with chairs, towels, bar, restaurant, bathrooms etc). You can pay for everything in both Dollars and local currency – Florin.

Opening hours of the Renaissance Private Island
The island is open from 7 am to 6 pm, but once a week you can also have a romantic dinner starting at 7 pm. You can pre-book the dinner at the reception. And trust me, it’s worth it. Even if you’re not a couple you’re going to have a great time.There is a small vending machine that sells food for the flamingos. The machine takes only US quarters. It’s much easier to tempt the flamingos with food on your hand, but if you arrive too late, they might simply ignore you. In the end, they’re still wild animals that do their own thing as they please. So don’t be disappointed if your pink friends walk away instead of posing for you Disclaimer: Recently every news site has featured my photo with the flamingos, misquoting me and basing entire articles on assumptions that the flamingos are kept captive on the island and die of malnutrition. I wanted to set the record straight. Flamingos living on the Renaissance Private Island came there on their on 15 years ago. One flamingo actually left the island and one died because of his age. The current inhabitants aren’t in captivity. They also live in their natural environment – the mangroves. In fact, last year there were more flamingos on the island because some others came to visit and stayed for some time. While beaches are what the majority of tourists come to Aruba, the island has way more to offer. Aruba is also home to colorful flora & fauna, Imagemysterious caves, a diverse landscape & rich history.

Fortunately for me, because I was staying at the Renaissance Hotel I experience Aruba thanks to the Global Day of Discovery. Every year in May, each Renaissance property arranges a special activity for all their guests to experience ‘business unusual’ trips. This past year Renaissance Aruba took me to Arikok National Park for a morning hike, followed by a delicious local breakfast.

This massive park is 21 square miles, about 18% of the island. Arikok is full of cacti on rough terrain and it’s home to Aruban rattlesnakes, parakeets, whiptail lizards, iguanas, goats, donkeys & migratory birds.

Arikok also gives you a chance to see the island’s earliest inhabitants’ marks left in the Fontein and Gaudirikiri caves. The drawings are at least 1000 years old and some say they resemble an image of Madonna.

A typical hike there lasts for around 2 hours, but I’d say it’s easy enough for everyone. At the end of the hike, you can also see a replica of a traditional Aruban house, as the original has been destroyed by a hurricane.

Upon arriving to Flamingo Beach, you’ll be greeted by picturesque pink flamingos standing in the crystal clear Caribbean waters. Have your cameras ready because this is one of the most exceptional beaches in the world. The flamingos will be much friendlier to you if you come with food (me and the flamingos have that in common). To feed the flamingos, bring U.S. quarters with you and purchase flamingo food out of a gumball machine on the beach. Place the food in your hand with your palm flat and join the flamingos in the water.

While every visitor will have access to a lounge chair, there are also prized hammocks scattered throughout Flamingo Beach. For a truly exceptional experience at Flamingo Beach, inquire about renting an overwater cabana!

Flamingo Beach shares the island with Iguana Beach, another beach owned by the Renaissance Aruba. Flamingo Beach is an adults-only beach while Iguana Beach is a family friendly beach. Flamingo Beach is an adults-only beach except from the hours of 9 am to 10 am when children are allowed to visit the beach.

While the flamingos are the main attraction, Flamingo Island also has plenty of other activities. Visitors can swim in the pristine waters, relax on the various hammocks, and eat and drink at the Mangrove Beach Bar.

flamingo-beach-aruba
Overall, a visit to Aruba wouldn’t be complete without a trip to Flamingo Beach at the Renaissance Aruba. Have you been to Flamingo Beach? Tell us about your experience below in the comments!
larrykclark

Re: What to Do at the Flamingo Beach?

by necktie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:16 am

Ever since we decided to vacation in Aruba, I knew that I had to see two things: Flamingo Beach and the Natural Pool (look for a separate blog on that soon!). I scoured every blog I could find. Although I really wanted to go, the price of admission was pricier than what The Common Traveler usually does on vacation and there was a chance we couldn’t even get an admission ticket. I’m changing that for you – read on to find out the NO-FAIL TIP on how to guarantee admission!

The Renaissance hotel owns a private island featuring two beaches: Flamingo Beach and Iguana Beach. Flamingo Beach is for adults only, while Iguana Beach is for all ages. You can only get to this island by taking a short boat ride from the Renaissance hotels – either from inside the lobby of the Renaissance Marina hotel or at a dock at the Renaissance Oceanside hotel. Flamingo Beach
necktie